With everything from costume parties offering cash prizes worth thousands of dollars and drawing scantily-clad women, zombie everything—from paintball to burlesque, and nationally acclaimed haunted houses, it is no wonder that goblins and ghouls alike flock to Vegas to get their Halloween on. If you haven’t found your costume, don’t worry—you can always stick to the tried-and-true Mean Girls approach: lingerie with some form of animal ears and a tail.
Some of the top Halloween events on the Strip include:
1. Fetish and Fantasy Halloween Ball—The Fetish and Fantasy Halloween Ball anticipates that it will draw 7,500 witches, warlocks, and other spooky spirits to the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino on October 29, 2016 for what Robin Leach calls “one of the most outrageous, bizarre, and risqué Halloween parties in the country”.
2. Day and Night of the Killer Costumes at Ghostbar at the Palms Casino Resort— This costume party can be one of the most lucrative for party-goers. While they have yet to announce this year’s cash prize, last year’s winner walked away with $2,000, as well as VIP bottle service at Ghostbar Dayclub.
3. Heaven and Hell at Moon Nightclub at Palms Casino Resort— Plenty of angels in Heaven and Hell when you are talking about the Palms this Halloween. If the weather tops 70 degrees, Moon will retract its ceiling so revelers can direct their howls to the moon!
While not strictly Halloween events, various clubs are bringing DJs, including Hakkasan at MGM Grand Hotel & Casino—which will be bringing Tiesto in for the nights of October 29th and 30th.
Downtown and Fremont Street will be celebrating Halloween with a number of frightening festivities, including:
1. Container Park Halloweekend—Downtown Container Park- There will be pumpkin carving contests, pajama parties, live music, movies, and more the entire weekend of Halloween.
2. October FrightFest— Oktoberfest or Halloween? There’s no reason to choose just one. Fremont Street will play host to a month-long Halloween-themed celebration, which will be featuring live entertainment. Costumes are welcomed at this street party that combines the best of both Oktoberfest and Halloween.
If your taste trends a little spookier than costume parties with under-dressed French maids and nuns, there are a myriad of frightening activities in Vegas to satisfy any Halloween enthusiast. Las Vegas is home to four of the top haunted houses in the country.
1. Bonnie Screams/Springs Ranch— Said to be haunted by the ghosts of travelers who died on the trek to the West Coast, Bonnie Springs Ranch will be inviting fright fans to the deserted ghost town, where they will find unearthly friends at their annual haunted house: Bonnie Screams. The word “house” in “haunted house” fails to describe the eerie ghost town when it covered in the shadows cast by the full moon falling on the mountains, as wolves howl and spirits wander its streets.
2. Fright Dome—Clowns can send a shudder up many people’s spines in the best of circumstances. Bringing a haunted house to Circus Circus? Infinitely creepier. With 250,000 square feet of creepiness, Fright Dome has earned its reputation for being “one of the most extreme haunted house in the world” (The Travel Channel). USA Today ranked Fright Dome in the top ten haunted houses of 2015, and it is easy to see why: traversing foggy attractions—including six new haunted houses and four new scare zones—can lead to unwelcome surprises from the specters and spirits.
For a departure from the typical houses of horror, Haunted Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay is a perfect solution. The zombie experience at the High Roller Ferris Wheel at the Linq, which features zombie-themed décor, as well as live actors will take the undead to new heights. Freakling Brothers and The Asylum/ Hotel Fear round out the top haunted house attractions in the valley.
For anyone who loves The Walking Dead, Vegas offers a myriad of zombie-themed activities:
1. Operation Zombie Apocalypse—With the survival of humankind on the line, how brave will you be? That’s the question posed at Adventure Combat Ops tests your wits and your accuracy. Upon arriving at the 70,000-square-foot indoor facility, you will suit up in tactical gear and receive training on basic tactical preparation. You will then be led into a zombie-filled world where your only objective is to survive.
2. Evil Dead the Musical 4D—Evil Dead – The Musical features elements from the classic cult horror films, “Evil Dead 1,” “Evil Dead 2,” and “Army of Darkness” combined into one night of hilarious comedy.
3. Zombie Burlesque—What is more Vegas than celebrating Halloween with a burlesque show, featuring an entire cast of zombies? With a hilarious host and musical numbers that will keep you laughing, Zombie Burlesque is a fun departure from the spookier attractions.
For families, there are several events, including:
1. Town Scary at Town Square— A safe alternative to trick-or-treating, where children will be able to trick-or-treat at various restaurants and businesses and participate in Halloween-themed games.
2. Haunted Harvest at the Springs Preserve—Billed as “spooktacular fun”, Springs Preserve will offer trick-or-treat tables, a petting zoo, live entertainment, carnival games, and crafts.
3. Spooky Town at Bonnie Springs—While Bonnie Springs may not be appropriate for children after dark, during the daylight hours, Spooky Town allows kids to ride a train and go through the Spooky Town petting zoo.
4. Opportunity Village’s Halloveen—Benefiting local charitable organization Opportunity Village, Halloveen will delight young Halloween goers.
In Vegas, knowing what is and isn’t acceptable can be a precarious balance—there has always been a fine line between having the most epic weekend ever and jail, and Halloween costumes are no exception. When it comes to costumes, there are a few simple guidelines to follow: no public nudity, do not wear a mask in a casino or at a children’s event, and, if your costume is questionable, cover it up until you reach your party. Harley Quinn from Suicide Squad, which was popular at Comic-Con this year is anticipated to be one of the most popular costumes for ladies. Other costumes that are predicted to be popular include: Pokémon Go trainers, nods to various political figures who are dominating the headlines, Deadpool and other comic book characters, and various Star Wars and Game of Thrones characters.
Whether your Halloween style is morbid, macabre, spooky, or just another reason to party, Vegas offers something for everyone… both living and dead!
Exclusive Sin City VIP Halloween Weekend Hotel Deals!!!
These are special Sin City VIP rates. Book Today!